01 October, 2012

Maren and Conner Swimming.

I'm sure many of you are aware that my husband and I met about 18 years ago at a high school swim meet.  Well, we couldn't let the kids grow up never being on the swim team, so this summer, we were able to get the kids signed up for the swim team at our local college.  It was a great experience.  One thing I learned from my parents, that I am now teaching my kids is to never give up.  I've learned the value of that concept through my kids, and the gratification was almost instantaneous through swim team.  Usually other things we've tried we would go once or twice a week, and it wasn't until halfway through the season that the kids would finally feel comfortable with the sport to like it and want to return the next season.  With swimming, because it is daily, and because it is focused more on your own abilities, instead of the whole team, the kids learned to enjoy it, and love it in about a week, or two.  Awesome.   

On special days the kids were allowed to jump off the diving boards for a fun reward.
















I have some more recent pictures I hope to add on soon, but these will help wet your appetites until then. ;)

No comments: