08 October, 2012

Boys, soccer 2012

After being in Port St. Lucie for almost 3 years, I finally found a local youth soccer program that I like.  I was so used to YMCA having everything, and schools actually advertising community activities. I really had to work hard for this one.  I searched the internet, the only soccer team I found on there, and I was not too impressed with having practice, and game all on one day, in the hot hot sun.  So I kept on searching.  I even asked around with friends, they also didn't know of any around.  So I called Parks and Recreation.  They gave me a phone number, and I called and was able to get my boys into the next season.  I was a little late, so they didn't have enough space for Maren at this time, but we are definitely doing her next season.  I love the program so far, like YMCA, the coaches are parent volunteers, and it really is quite inexpensive.  So far, so good.  They also have the two practices a week.  Not too thrilled about the white uniforms, but at least they are good quality, and are great for sports.  I found out why the local sports here don't advertise in the county.  They have huge fees just to display a sign on the side of the road, and the schools also make it very difficult to advertise anything.  So basically everything is done by word of mouth.  I was lucky to get in on it. 
Here are some pictures below of the boys' first games that they played. They are doing really well, for not having played for over 2 years. I see lots of improvements, and have really liked the coaches.  We have had a lot of rain, but the program still goes on, and the kids are having lots of fun. That is what is important to me. :) 

I don't know if you see little Corby's head behind the little African American girl.  The red headed lady standing among them is his coach. Very patient with the kids, and makes it lots of fun for them. :)

As you can see, everyone wears the white uniforms, when they come together, one of the teams wears a colored pinner.  

There is Corby running for the ball. :)

Doing good.  He loves playing goalie.  They aren't really supposed to have goalies, but his favorite thing is to stand near the goal and kick away the ball, preventing the other team from scoring. 

My Handsome Boy.

Here is Conner's team.  This game they wore the Red pinners.  The man in the white shirt is his coach.  Very dedicated. If you squint, you can make out Conner running in the back center of the team. 

There is Conner to the right of the ball.  In Conner's age group they have referees. You can see the ref in yellow on the field.

Conner giving an awesome action shot of kicking the ball. :)

Go Conner Go!!!  Kick that ball!!!

Another very handsome boy. :)


Corby posing with his team.  Such cute kids. :)






Conner's team doing a huddle after their game.

I think the team felt they were too old to pose together for a group picture, so I got one in motion. :) Breaking from the huddle.


No comments: