01 October, 2012


After my parents came home from their mission in Hungary, we came up for a small visit, and towards the end of the visit, they took us out to Sea World.  It was so much fun for the kids.  We don't go to amusement parks often, so when we do, it is a treat. 

Here we are keeping the sun out of our eyes posing at the entrance.  I guess it looks like a nice sailor salute. :)

Love this picture.  My father is all Floridian, even though he was born and raised out west.  He loves exotic birds, like these Flamingos.  Great moment captured. :)

This is a tank over head where you can spy on the sting rays swimming above you.  









Such beautiful sea anemones. Great colors.



Can you spy the sea horses?


I wouldn't want to step on this sea urchin.



That is a red shrimp. 




Can you see the sea dragon swimming around? He looks like seaweed floating.  This is one of my favorite sea creatures.











Here are some names of the different stingrays we spotted.






My kids underwater.  Talk about cool tanks. :)




My cute little Brenna.





What is everybody looking at?


Here people are allowed to pet and feed the sting rays.  Very neat experience.



This one is the baby tank. We weren't allowed to touch them, but they are sure cute. 







This is a touch tank for dolphins.  They had an area where you could pay more to feed the dolphins, with the trainers, and where it is easier to feel the dolphins, otherwise they stay just out of reach.  They also showed off some tricks for us.  I didn't have a very good angle so I just put in this one picture, but below we were able to see them from under the water as well. 
 










Here is the Clyde and Seymour show.  My boys loved this one.  I mean whats not to love with a show about pirates, seals, and otters. :) 





Some seals basking in the sun.  They also had where you could purchase fish to throw out to them. 



Can you spot the Beluga whale?


How about the Polar Bear?




Look at the tusks on that Walrus.





Here is a picture of the beluga whale from below.




You can't come to Sea World without watching the Shamu show. I noticed that they don't allow the trainers to swim with them anymore.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the killer wale attack on a trainer a few weeks before we came?








 That concludes our trip to Sea World with grandma and grandpa T this year.  We had so much fun!!!  Thank you so much!!!







No comments: