23 November, 2009

Green smoothies we've tried.

We have been doing our green smoothie experiments. I have noticed better bowel movements as well as increased energy. The kids really like them, Sean tolerates them, and I sometimes feel like I can't get enough of them. Here are some of the ones that were hits with my family if anyone would like to try them out.

Mango Green Smoothies:

1 mango peeled and cut off seed
2-3 handfuls of spinach (or which ever greens you have available, like kale or collards or red leaf lettuce, etc.)
enough water to make it nice and smooth
Blend all ingredients into the blender. You can also use frozen mangoes or even add them to said smoothie. My kids were asking for seconds and thirds after this one.

Strawberry Banana Green smoothie:

About 1- 2 cups strawberries, or what ever kind of berries you'd like to try
2 bananas
2 handfuls of kale, or whichever kind of greens you'd like to use
juice from 1/2 lemon
enough water to make smooth in blender



I hope you all enjoy these recipies. I'll try to include more favorites as we discover them. Good Health to all!!!!

1 comment:

Caprene said...

I put spinach in all my smoothies. It's the best and I never taste it. I love that you are doing it too.