29 November, 2011

Double Digits Birthday!!! :)





Maren is 10 now.  Our first to reach double digits.  We had a nice quiet little birthday, since having a new water system recently (which we all love now that our bathtub is not so yellow anymore, and glasses not so white and crusty) pretty much drained away lots of money. She was a good sport.  I love my little ones.  They are so sweet and wonderful.  But we did have a lot of fun!!!


When I asked Maren what kind of cake she wanted, she said, she wanted something fun (like Corby's) and with lots of candy.  We found a fun decorating thing for making dragonflies,  so we tried to stick to that.  But then decided to embellish, a lot.  :)  Needless to say, she was very happy with her cake.  Can you see the dragonflies?


The younger kids decided to make this into a costume party.  I opened a box that my mother- in- law brought down from Bryan and Cecily's house that had fun costumes that Edward had grown out of.  We got from them the spiderman costume, and a pirate costume (not shown).  




Maren decided not to dress up, but had fun with a longer turn on the computer, her favorite thing to do.
After our new tradition of Beulah Beulah, Maren opened her presents.  Below are some of her reactions to her presents.  




We had so much fun.  Maren I love you so much and am so happy to have you in my life.  You have truly enriched it.  I think you are the best 10 year old anyone could ever hope to have as a daughter. :)

No comments: