31 March, 2011

Twila's Memorial

In Memory of our Beloved Twila

This afternoon I was resting on the couch, after the kids got home from school.  Maren came in and in a worried voice said, "Mom, I think there is something wrong with Twila." Nothing ever good comes out of a statement like that.  So I quickly went to her room to check on our sweet little pet. Sure enough, she was lying still on her side at the bottom of her cage.  I don't know what happened. She had plenty of water, and plenty of food, and her cage was decent. 
We had a little funeral for her where we sang, "God Be With You Til We Meet Again."  I also read the scripture from Thessalonians3:16. "Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means.   The Lord be with you all."

Our sweet little Twila.  How we will miss you. 

Twila's homemade casket. Made with love.

The grave sight.

Everyone had a chance to tell her good bye and decorated her grave with pretty flowers from around the house.



Twila will be missed, but we know that life will go on, and that one day we will see our little Hamster friend again.  One of the blessings of having little pets, is it helps demonstrate the cycle of life, in a shorter timespan.  Thank you Twila for your wonderful lesson, and for being a wonderful little Hamster.

2 comments:

thepalsrus said...

I remember my first pet death. I offer my sincear condolences.

The Henderson Family said...

Thank you so much Troy. It was hard for the kids. That night Conner was afraid that she would haunt him at night. It was a great opportunity to teach him about the plan of salvation. Although, the kids have recently had her in their dreams. :)