19 December, 2010



The kids had a school concert on last Thursday. They were cute, of course. It was difficult getting pictures and videos since they opened and closed the curtains so quickly between sets. But I think I got a few good ones. Below Conner sang "Five Little Snowmen".



After Conner was finished with his song, all the kids were able to sit with their parents. I looked around for Conner and couldn't find him. So I kept on looking for him, getting more and more nervous. Then Sean signaled to me that everything was OK
. I went back to my seat and up on the stage was Conner. He was chosen to sit up with the principal as he read the story of "The Night Before Christmas." He never mentioned to me that he would be doing that. It was definitely a relief, and funny. He couldn't stay in one place, so the whole time he was comically playing with his hat, looking around, and eventually sat next to the principal to see the pictures in the book.











Here is Little Corby Hamming it up. He loves to get his picture taken.
Daddy was able to come to the program as well. We were blessed that he could be there. Normally he'd be working his crazy hours, but he decided to take that week off, and luck have it, his week off landed on the week the play was. Yippeeeee!!! We love having daddy around:)


Brenna is so cute. She was asleep when we arrived at the school, but luckily she woke up just in time for the festivities.



Now it is Maren's turn. I tried to get a good picture of her, but I had little ones jumping around me and it was difficult, to say the least, to hold the camera still. The third grade did two different songs, "Hanuka" and "Rock'n Around the Christmas Tree." On the second one she was chosen to do the dancing part with the other kids. She was so excited and practiced so hard for it. It was my opinion that she was the best dancer in the whole group.


Since the program landed on Sean's and my anniversary (year 10) we decided to all go out and eat at the Cracker Barrel for dinner afterward. Cracker Barrel is one of the kids most favorite restaurant to eat at, I think because of the fun shop and cool antiques. I think it is only ranked under Chuck'E Cheese, and McDonalds. All in all it was a very fun evening.
I was trying to upload some videos of them singing and dancing, but it wasn't working very well. I will try again later, so I'll keep you posted.


No comments: